Monday, August 24, 2009

School Daze

Every year I take pictures on our front porch of Maggie before she heads out to her first day of a new school year. As a true sign of entering the "tween" years, she's a less willing participant these last couple of years, but I've managed to get at least one shot that does not show her full exasperation with her geeky mom. Somewhere in this less-than-ideally-organized house, I have copies of those pictures from at least Kindergarten forward. Unfortunately, I lack the time or energy to find them all, so I've included the ones I could quickly find here. I like the series because you can watch her growth as measured against the door each year - and what was astonishing to realize was how much taller she's gotten in just the last year!
Kindergarten
Second Grade
Fifth Grade
Sixth Grade
And to start the trend with her little brother, here's Nate on the same day as the start of Maggie's sixth grade year, being his full 2.5 year old self, and barely stopping long enough for me to get a picture. But I finally succeeded, so here it is:







No comments: