I just love this picture and felt like it needed its very own blog posting. Every now and then, my camera captures something that I totally missed in the real life moment. This picture is one of those times - we were at the annual G-fam reunion (the one where the 5 G boys and their families have been gathering for at least 34 years at various state parks and campgrounds in the South). This year, we had much to celebrate with various showers: 3 new babies with 2 more on the way by Fall, and a wedding. After the wedding shower, we (e.g. my crazy mom) thought it would be fun to have a "Redneck Rehearsal" for a little practice before the actual wedding weekend. Mom brought her box of silly stuff and we all dressed up and played a part. My part was of the wedding photographer, I guess, because I stood in the back and snapped lots of pics (you can see them all on my facebook album if you're interested). This picture is my downright favorite because these fun, innocent girls were having such a good time and when I look at their expressions, it just makes my heart smile.
Friday, July 10, 2009
pure joy
I just love this picture and felt like it needed its very own blog posting. Every now and then, my camera captures something that I totally missed in the real life moment. This picture is one of those times - we were at the annual G-fam reunion (the one where the 5 G boys and their families have been gathering for at least 34 years at various state parks and campgrounds in the South). This year, we had much to celebrate with various showers: 3 new babies with 2 more on the way by Fall, and a wedding. After the wedding shower, we (e.g. my crazy mom) thought it would be fun to have a "Redneck Rehearsal" for a little practice before the actual wedding weekend. Mom brought her box of silly stuff and we all dressed up and played a part. My part was of the wedding photographer, I guess, because I stood in the back and snapped lots of pics (you can see them all on my facebook album if you're interested). This picture is my downright favorite because these fun, innocent girls were having such a good time and when I look at their expressions, it just makes my heart smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment