After all my griping and moaning this spring, I think my mid-life crisis may finally be over and I'm back at work as an engineer, doing what I really love. I started today with a local water and wastewater utility and I'm so excited! I think it's going to be a really great opportunity in every way. They are working with me on my hours so I can be home when Maggie gets home from school for the next year or two, the work is going to be challenging but very interesting, and Nate seems to be thriving in his new daycare (a local BAPTIST church program for all you Goldmans :)).
Getting ready today reminded me of the first day of school when I was younger...What should I wear? Will they like me? I can't wait to each lunch without having to cut up anyone else's lunch first...wait, that was more like last week. It's good to be back in the working world, but I know y'all will have to remind me of that when I'm whining in a few months about childcare, work stress, etc... Just keepin' it real!
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You go, girl! I love you, Mom
Post a Comment