Monday, May 12, 2008

Smokey and my bandit

Spring has sprung and we are loving it around here! Nate's favorite thing to do is to go outside. If I could just teach him to pull weeds, we could really be productive. Maggie has been doing nothing but playing outside with friends, riding her bike, keeping house in the playhouse, and swinging upside down. Unfortunately, she had her first run-in with the law last week when she and friends were riding scooters down a neighbor's gently sloping driveway without helmets, across the street and into another neighbor's driveway. It looked like great fun, and a few of us negligent parents were actually sitting there watching and making sure they stopped whenever a car turned on the street (hundreds of yards away). But the po-po stopped by anyway and gave us all a good tongue lashing for such delinquent behavior. Man - what happened to the days when kids could just go out and have fun? Poor Mags, she turned white as a sheet - I think she thought she might be headed off to juvie. Probably my fault, because I showed her where the detention center is one day and told her about the time I had to go in there when I worked for the City and how sad it was to see those kids locked up. Bad, bad mama.

No comments: