Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Nate's Finally Walking!

Oh glory, oh gracious, oh hallelujah and alert the grandparents! The Natedog has finally decided to let go of the furniture, our fingers, my pant's leg and the cat and start walking on his own. Of course, his timing couldn't have been better - he waited until after we saw all the relatives over the holiday weekend to decide to do this particular feat tonight, but I was able to capture some grainy video in the much-t00-dark living room (thank you, goofy compact flourescent bulbs that are saving the earth but simultaneously bathing us in orange tinged light) to record this momentous occasion of actual walking. For the last couple of weeks, he's been teasing us with a few steps when we really beg, but most are contrived and within the safety net of our arms in near reach. Tonight, May 27, 2008, was the first time Nate actually let go, stood for a moment, walked a little, corrected his balance, and walked a little more. Now that is cause for celebration!




PS - If you want some squeaky shoes for an early walker (or just to keep track of one that's already running around!), there's a great selection from Angel Covers, a non-profit that raises funds for orphanages around the world.

6 comments:

Brandie said...

That is just precious!! We are still on the trying to crawl stage. It's SO funny how high pitched and squeaky our voices become when talking to our children :)

QDB said...

No kidding! I almost dubbed over the sound with some lovely music, but I decided not to so you could hear the squeaky shoes. See how much dignity I am willing to sacrifice for my children??

Brandie said...

Too funny. And, those squeaky shoes are great!! I'll have to get Drew some of those. I didn't even know they existed. I have SO much to learn.

Unknown said...

So precious! Mimi's baby is WALKING! What fun! Now I'll have to put on my RUNNING shoes to keep up with him! Can't wait until he comes to visit! Liz

Rebecca said...

You are a more patient mom than I am...I think the squeaky shoes would drive me crazy!

I'm sure he is getting around really good by now! Can't wait to see how much he has changed!

anniebee said...

Wow! He is so cute!