Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Enginerd, part deux

Maybe we're on to something, starting Nate in engineering classes early (I wonder if I keep teaching at UAH can I get a tuition discount later??). He seems more fascinated than I remember Maggie being at all things "engineered". Everytime we buckle him into his carseat/high chair/stroller, he watches each step very intently. Maggie could've cared less - she was usually watching out the window in true dreamer fashion (as she still does to this day...). One of his current favorites is turning off the light switch when we leave a room. Tonight, I caught him jousting with our electric broom, which seems to have found a permanent spot in the kitchen ever since Nate started self-feeding (why bother putting it away when I'll just need it again in 2-3 hours?). It's great fun to watch him explore, all the while thinking how interesting it is that he's so into figuring things out, but hasn't decided to join the rest of the species in walking upright. I should be thankful, "they" say, but I'm starting to wonder if he'll be going to kindergarten on all fours? I'll give him another couple of months before I officially worry about that.
















































Of course, he's gotten very good at pulling up and cruising around the furniture, so anytime I try to use the laptop now on the recently purged coffee table thinking Nate will play nicely with HIS toys, I am quickly proven wrong. He would much rather see what it is that I'm doing, so this is the scene as soon as I start typing...

1 comment:

Kyle said...

heh heh, well looks like ive got alot of blogging to catch up on.