Friday, March 7, 2008
EIT (Enginerd-in-Training)
Nate is an official EIT now - he attended his first engineering class this week with me at UAH and was a very active participant. Nate had been getting sicker the past few days with sinus crud (we went to the doctor after class and he's on an antibiotic, but no ear infection - hallelujah for tubes!), so he didn't need to go to his school, but I really needed to still go to mine. Fortunately, it was the class just before I gave a test, so I had already planned to just hand back homework and a test study sheet and then have the students spend some time in the lab with one of the current grad students. My class period is during the time that Nate would normally take a morning nap, so I really thought he would be tired and sleep in his stroller the whole time, allowing me to talk uninterrupted and proceed on as normal. Fortunately, while hoping for the best I planned for the worst and brought plenty of juice, snacks and books. He was so excited to be around all these big "kids" and they were so sweet to him that there was no way he was going to nap. So he sat in my lap, flung books around the front of the classroom, snacked on Cheerios and apple juice, and generally mocked me while I tried to talk. I have tests to grade this weekend, so we'll see if my students were able to listen at all or were totally distracted by the littlest member of our class during the review.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Confucius asks, when the person reading the "water supply and polution control" textbook is wearing a diaper, does the title of the text take on a whole new meaning?
btw, just noticed that dad also leaves comments...please note that my name is spelled with no space - i'm just cool like that
I would say he's doing his part to keep the pollutants out of the water supply (in favor of the incinerator used here for solid waste)! Interesting thought:)
Post a Comment