I love this time of year. Even though it can get hectic, I love the holiday season that spans from Thanksgiving through Christmas. It's even more fun with a baby in the house again, because I'm looking at things as they are all new once more. Nate's eyes just lit up the first time we turned on the Christmas tree and he loves looking at it everyday. I love having a tree that is bare of breakable ornaments in the lower section just in case he gets away from me when I'm not looking. I love the chill in the air that gives my kids rosy cheeks and makes us all snuggle just a little closer. My friend Erin (that just had her second child) has given a voice to the amazing feeling that I have now just saying "my kids" since our family has grown this year. I love being around family that we don't get to see as much anymore, but whenever we do, we pick up right where we left off. And I love the joy that I feel when being around them all and hearing about the great things that they're doing with their lives, from travelling to great new jobs to new babies - it's so exciting to watch. I'm just a little older to a fair amount older than my cousins and brothers (from 2-15 years), but I almost have the same sense of pride in watching them succeed as I do my own children.
Enough, sniff, sniff - here's some fun pictures from our Thanksgiving.









No comments:
Post a Comment