Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Searching for the perfect picture...

Ugh - I don't know about you, but Christmas card picture time can really drive me insane. I vacillate between "Oh, that's good enough..." and my OCD/alter-ego that just can't quite be satisfied. In the past, it hasn't taken too long to find one that will suffice, but with the addition of a new little person this year that doesn't seem to want to sit still or look at Mommy when I would like for him to, a "tween-ager" that seems like she has PMS at the most inopportune moments (is that even possible without the "M" factor yet??), and a short attention span husband/photo assistant who tires of the whole process faster than either of the kids, I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Plus, I'm aspiring to much bigger and better pictures now that my friend Erin has reignited the camera bug within (thanks, Josh and Meagh for getting me two of her recommended books for Christmas), but I'm not nearly there yet. Bah humbug!


Here's a few of the outtakes for your enjoyment:


































In addition to the one of Nate pulling Maggie's hair (above), here's my personal favorite - the last shot I took before the distressed emotional outburst that forced a stop to this photo session - "MOOOOMMM, he's grabbing my butt! Make him stoooopppp!"















If you don't get a card from us until Valentine's Day, you'll now know why.

No comments: