Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Don't count your chickens
Boy, Joel and I were feeling pretty high on ourselves yesterday because we thought we'd found the secret to getting Nate to sleep through the night. We fed him a dinner of delicious (?) baby food, complete with the fun new Gerber finger foods that he loves (many amazing developments since Maggie was a baby), like the veggie puffs, kept him awake while Maggie finished her homework, then fed him a big bottle with some rice cereal in it, and off to bed around 9 PM. He slept all the way through until 7 AM and I awoke feeling more refreshed than I have in months!! Then I proceeded to tell everyone I came into contact with yesterday that we'd finally made it - he's sleeping through the night and we've found the secret. Well, you may be able to tell from this posting time, that no, indeed, he is not regularly sleeping through the night. We've been battling it out for the last hour now with me going back to the technique that we used on Maggie. I go in, help him locate his pacifier and lovey lamb, stroke his little head, tell him I love him, and then leave. Repeat after a minute or so. Then repeat after a couple of minutes. Then repeat after 5 minutes, then 10 minutes...you get the idea. It makes for a long few nights of this, then HOPEFULLY, it will be over and he'll be going back to sleep on his own during the night. It worked on his sister - let's pray it works again. As I write this, I'm noticing that I haven't heard him crying for the last couple of minutes!! SUCCESS??? Dare I go peek? You can expect some regular posts from me for the next few nights, I guess, since the study is located right next to Nate's room and is a good place for me to try and stay awake during this process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment