Mykonos, Greece, was fun yesterday with beautiful white-washed buildings, meandering cobblestone streets, and picturesque views. Interestingly, stray cats were everywhere (maybe due to the prolific fish availability?). We walked all over and only got lost about 4 times! Apparently, many of the planners of Greek isle cities made their streets confusing on purpose to help with the pirate problem - I can certainly see how the pirates would never be able to figure out where to go.
Today was Turkey, with visits to Ephesus (think Ephesians in the Bible) and Kusadasi. Very interesting - Maggie rode a camel! I loved Kusadasi - very colorful and extra friendly people (Joel would say obnoxious and overly aggressive). Lots of shopping similar to New York's Chinatown or Tijuana. Since I had experience those before, I found this not so bad and actually pretty clean and tame. Joel disagreed (of course, he hates shopping anyway, so this was like shopping on cocaine for him). Maggie, with her blond hair and blue eyes, attracted a lot of attention.
Today was Turkey, with visits to Ephesus (think Ephesians in the Bible) and Kusadasi. Very interesting - Maggie rode a camel! I loved Kusadasi - very colorful and extra friendly people (Joel would say obnoxious and overly aggressive). Lots of shopping similar to New York's Chinatown or Tijuana. Since I had experience those before, I found this not so bad and actually pretty clean and tame. Joel disagreed (of course, he hates shopping anyway, so this was like shopping on cocaine for him). Maggie, with her blond hair and blue eyes, attracted a lot of attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment