Monday, August 25, 2008

Karma, schmarma

Below is a picture of Maggie's first day of school. We've taken a picture on the first day every year on this porch, and it is now my goal to go find all those so we can see how she's grown. Generally, I've been able to have her hold her backpack, lunch box, or something to help indicate that she's going off to school, but we've reached a new milestone with fifth grade. EMBARASSMENT at most anything Joel or I say or do. It was like pulling teeth to get her out on the doorstep, and NO WAY was she going to hold her backpack, lest some cutie from class drive by and see us out there. You know, they say karma has a way of getting you through your kids. I can remember when I was about a year older than Maggie is now that I made my mom drop me at the corner and I would walk the rest of the way because I was so embarrased at our land-barge size Ford LTD station wagon and my mom's hair rollers. Oooh, that karma...I dread next year :)

No comments: