Monday, May 28, 2007

Ready for Rome!

I just finished packing Maggie's bag and am nearly through with mine, and I decided to come check the airline website for baggage weight and size limits! We may be pushing it this time around, but how do you pack for a 10 night cruise (that requires both day wear and evening wear) and 2 extra days in Rome without packing everything but the kitchen sink?? I've tried to do a lot of mix and match outfits, but a friend that went to Italy last year was telling me how hot it is there, so we may be spending a small fortune with the cruise's laundry service. I just don't know...
We're ready to go, I guess, but it's been a hard week thinking about leaving Nate. Mom arrived today and I'm feeling confident that she can handle him while we're gone, so I'm not really worried about that. I suppose I'm just reluctant to believe that he'll be just fine without me and will continue growing, smiling and learning new things regardless. This week he reached out and touched my face for the first time (intentionally) and has really started reaching for and successfully grabbing some of his toys. He's got such a fun little smile and laugh. Maggie can make him crack up laughing the best of us all.
Well, say a little prayer for us - it's off to Italy first thing Wednesday morning. I hope to get on a computer at least a little and I'll try to update this if I can as we travel to Greece and Turkey.

No comments: